I didn't get as much done as I'd posted that I had wanted to get done. I really didn't think I'd been too ambitious in my goal-setting. But I guess I was wrong! It's very tedious work. It's not just a smash & rip job. You really have to be gentle when you pull the stuff out because a.) I can't damage the metal channels because I can't find replacements 2.) I don't want to damage the "framing" and c.) I can NOT damage the outter skin!!
There's only about an inch between the outer skin & the paneling. The framework is just 1x2's and the insulation is fiberglass, so we're not talking super tough stuff here.
I just have to keep repeating my mantra: this is the dirtiest part, this is the most difficult part, this is the slowest part, this is the part with the least satisfying results, this too shall end.
It's so difficult to stay motivated when I go in the camper & see all the poop, all the rot, all the particulate from the demo, & smell the mustyness. One little piece at a time. One little part, one baby step.
This week I need to buy a pair of work gloves, my hands are killing me. I also need to get particulate masks or it won't matter if I finish the trailer or not, black lung or mesothelioma will get me.
My future SIL came over & said that it looked much better in person than in the pictures she saw last weekend. She thought it looked great & can't wait to camp with us.
I wasn't feeling very energetic today, and I wasn't feeling very ambitious, so I only did about 2 hours worth of work. I got a little bit of demo done, but I did a lot of cleanup. I removed the rear window to be able to see the rot better, and to determine how many 1x2's I need to get. Ialso have to figger out how the darned fridge comes out. There's gotta be somehidden screws somewhere. This sucker is really stuck.
Overall, I think I did a great job this weekend. Of course I would have loved to have completed my goals I set, I did the best job I could do. This is supposed to be a fun project, not an obligation looming outside for me.